“If you cannot handle adversity you cannot handle success. For how you handle one determines how you handle the other. Learning humility through our problems leads us to depend on God for things out of our control. For His help we become grateful. Gratitude and humbleness are exactly the same reactions we should have when successful.”—Tom Krause (via simply-divine-creation)
“If a train doesn’t stop at your station, it’s simply because it’s not your train. Don’t try to flag down the conductor and convince them to stop there, even if their own map says that they should just keep going. You may not realize it, but there’s another train trying to come toward you, unable to get into your station because a train that doesn’t even belong there is being delayed there by your intensity.”—Marianne Williamson (via elige)
1. Everything is as it should be. It’s crazy how you end up there you always intended to be – that even the most tragic and stressful situations eventually teach important lessons that you never dreamed that you would have the opportunity to learn. Remember, many times, when things fall apart, actually finally find their place.
2. You can’t begin to find your real self, before you get lost in this world. Realizing that you are lost is the first step to live the life you want. The second step is to let go of the life you don’t want. To make a big change in your life is pretty scary. But you know what is even more scary? To regret. Vision without action is a daydream and action without vision is a nightmare. Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.
3. It is usually the most profound pain that causes you to develop your full potential. They are these frightening, stressful choices that end up being the most notable. Without pain, there will be no change. But remember, the pain, just like everything in life, is there to learn from it and then to be released.
4. One of the hardest decisions you will ever face in life is whether to go away or make another step forward. If you catch yourself in a circle trying to change someone or trying to defend yourself against someone who is trying to change you, go away. But if you are chasing a dream, do another step. And do not forget that sometimes this step will make changes to your dream or to design a new – it’s okay to change your mind or have more than one dream.
5. You should take care of yourself first. Before you become friend with others, you must be a friend of yourself. Before you start to correct others, you need to fix yourself. Before making others happy, you have to make yourself happy. It’s not called selfishness, it’s called personal development. Once you find a balance within yourself, then you can balance and the world around you.
6. One of the greatest freedoms is to not care about what everyone else thinks for you. As much as you worry about what others think about you, you are theirs. Only when you require no approval from anyone else other than yourself may belong to you.
7. You may need to stay alone for a while before you realized that however the objects from failed relationships didn’t equally shared, issues that have destroyed relationships probably shared. Because, how can you stand with confidence or see the same issues in your newest relationship and not realize the broken pieces that belong to you? By realizing your issues and by facing them, will make you a much happier person in long term, than anything else in the world.
8. The only thing you can control absolutely is how you will react to things that you can’t control. The more you can adapt to life situations, the higher you climb and you will be able to recover from falls more quickly.
9. Some people will lie to you. Remember, an outspoken enemy is better than a friend who is lying. Show less attention to what people say and more attention to what they do. These actions will show you the truth, which will help you to measure the actual quality of your relationships on a long term basis.
10. If you focus on what you don’t have, you will never have enough. If you are grateful for what you have, you’ll end up having more. Happiness is neither in property nor in gold. The happiness dwells in the soul. The abundance is not how much you have, it is how you feel about what you have. When you take things for granted, happiness goes away.
11. Yes, you may have failed in the past. But do not judge yourself from the past, do not live there anymore. Just because you’re not where you would want to be today, that does not mean you will not be there someday. You can turn everything around you in a heartbeat making a simple choice – get up, try again, love again, live again and dream again.
12. Yes, everything will be fine. Maybe not today, but eventually. There will be times when it seems that everything that could go wrong, go wrong. And you might feel like you’re stuck there forever, but you will not. Sure, the sun stops shining some times and you can be found in one or two massive storms, but eventually the sun will come out and shine again. Sometimes it depends on us to stay as positive as possible, so that we can again see the sun through the clouds.
I will write about the following, leave one in my ask box.
Dear person I hate, Dear person I like, Dear ex boyfriend, Dear ex girlfriend, Dear ex bestfriend, Dear bestfriend, Dear *anyone*, Dear Santa, Dear mom, Dear dad, Dear future me, Dear past me, Dear person I’m jealous of, Dear person I had a crush on, Dear girlfriend, Dear boyfriend, Dear [insert URL here],